Party season is well and truly upon us, and many of us will be having a few more drinkies than usual. You are right to notice it affects your skin - but just when you want to be glowing head to toe, how can you avoid the post-party grey face?
Alcohol acts as a diuretic, meaning it forces water out of the body - so it dehydrates you & your skin, making fine lines and wrinkles more apparent. Alcohol also causes inflammation, which can wreak havoc on skin causing redness & puffiness. And if it's cocktails or mixers, know that high sugar beverages often lead to breakouts.
But there's plenty you can do to limit its effects:
1. Hydrate: not just by drinking water, but by using a rich moisturiser that is cell-regenerating as well as hydrating - try the Lilly Pilly Face Moisturiser
2. Cold hit: apply a hydrating serum - try our Kakadu Plum Super Serum
- but keep it in the fridge. Using it cold it will help reduce inflammation.
3. Wash away the sins: a good face cleanse and body scrub is the perfect way to rejuvenate the collagen in your skin and get rid of toxins - try the Rosalina Face Cleanser
and Body Dry Brush
4. Bring back the glow: For that extra boost, you can't go past a good oil application. Try an oil cleanse or apply oil after showering and it will regenerate, hydrate and brighten the skin - try the Boab + Rosehip Oil